Friday, January 8, 2010

Three Things To Look Forward Too (Friday, Jan 8th edition)

Okay, so I woke up to more snow today in beautiful Westchester, New York. Kind of a bummer because I'm forced to deal with God's dandruff non-stop while at school in Snowy Cortland, and was looking forward to a break from it while at home. Never the less, I tried to keep a positive frame of mind, and came up with a list of three things to look forward too, in an attempt to put me in a better mood.

#1. SUMMER. Sure its roughly half a year (and 3 1/2 dog years) away, but I can dream, can't I? Anyways, I figured what better way to get people in the summer mood then to watch Shwayze's music video "Buzzin"

This video features the 5 essential "B's" necessary for summer fun: backyard bbq's, bikini's, beaches, beers and bonfires. It has it all, and anytime I need a quick summer pick me up I watch this video and you should too.

#2. Youth In Revolt. I've been looking forward to this movie since I first starting seeing coming attractions for it last summer, and it's finally out in theaters today. Sure some of you may be tired of seeing Micheal Cera typecast as an 18 year old virgin time and time again, but not this guy. I embrace it, let the man (or boy) do what he does best- which is be awkward, witty, and make poor decisions!

You can't watch that coming attraction and tell me with a straight face that hearing David Bowie's "Rebel Rebel" doesn't get your juices flowing a little bit. Anyways, if the movie sucks you can blame me. Also, expect a detailed review from me by Monday.

And last but not least #3. THE BROOKLYN BREWERY. Located at 79 North 11th Street, Brooklyn, NY. I'll be attending happy hour there tonight and you should too! 20$ for 6 beer tokens, which you can use to drink from any of there numerous in-house beers on tap. With beer's ranging from 4-9% alcohol, and a non-threatening hipster crowd, it's sure to be a great time.


-fresh (@danye33)

No comments:

Post a Comment