Thursday, June 16, 2011

Music Videos That Don't Suck Vol. 3

Because all MTV airs nowadays is breast feeding teenagers and well, more breast feeding teenagers, I've taken the responsibility upon myself to present to you, the reader, with worthwhile music videos to watch. This installment features Weezer's 2008 single "Pork and Beans" off of their self titled Red album. Mentos enduced soda explosions play a big role in making this music video a classic, but more so it's because it incorporates lip syncing performances by some of the most famous, original, YouTube stars. The following legends appear in the video- the "numa numa" guy, chocolate rain guy, dramatic chipmonk, K-Fed (no relation to YouTube, hilarious none the less), daft hands, the 155 t-shit kid, Chris Crocker, SHOES!, evolution of dance guy and Miss South Carolina.

This music video came out around the same time as the South Park "YouTube stars" episode and share many of the same characters. It's a dope song, and despite not making much sense lyrically, is catchy as hell.



"I'mma do the things that I wanna do,
I ain't got a thing to prove to you,
I'll eat my candy with the pork and beans,

Excuse my manners if I make a scene"


-fresh (@danye33)

No comments:

Post a Comment