Thursday, January 3, 2013

For The Love Of God Please Help Me Kill This Joke



You know what kind of people make or laugh at this joke? Unoriginal hacks who wouldn't know what a funny bone looked like if it was shoved up their ass. Christ, its 2013 people! Why the hell am I still seeing this garbage on my twitter feed? I think I maybe laughed back in '04 when I first heard the Hope/Cash rendition, and then maybe a cracked a smile when we threw Jobs in the mix fourteen months ago, but today? Inexcusable.

I tweeted the following back in November, but apparently some people didn't get the memo.


So my question for you is- what's it going to take? When are people going to realize that this shit is not funny? HOW ARE WE GOING TO STOP THIS ASSAULT ON COMEDY?!!

Here are some suggestions for what you can do the next time you hear or read this "joke"

  • kick whoever said it in the nuts
  • dump the nearest liquid container on whoever said it's head (beer, water, bleach, etc.)
  • unfollow them on twitter
  • stop being friends with that person
I don't know about you, but I'm going right for option #4. From here on out, the next time a friend/relative/girl friend/boss unironically says this joke to me I'm cutting them out of my life no questions asked. I just can't deal with it. 

If you're a person who says "We got no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs", you deserve to have "no friends". 

-fresh (@danye33)

No comments:

Post a Comment