Friday, August 30, 2013

Awesome 90's Songs You May Have Forgotten- Big Head Todd and the Monsters "Bittersweet"



Maybe its because I just moved into my first apartment with my girlfriend, or maybe its because I was too lazy to scroll past "B" on my iPod on my walk to work the other day, but either way this song has been penetrating my ear buds like a frat bro on spring break all week.

"Bittersweet" was the first single off Big Head Todd's 1993 major label debut album Sister Sweetly, and peaked at #14 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock Chart (lol @ Billboard rankings being a "thing"). This song is eons better than any of the crap you hear on the radio nowadays, and its bums me out that these guys never really blew up the way they deserved to.

Despite getting progressively darker as the track progresses, I'll leave you with this verse from the early goings. Definitely more sweet than bitter

"A little light looks through her bedroom window.
She dances and I dream, she's not so far as she seems,
Of brighter meadows, melting sunsets,
Her hair blowing in the breeze.
And she can't see me watching.

And I'm thinking love..."

-fresh (@danye33)

No comments:

Post a Comment