Thursday, August 29, 2013

Eminem To Release "The Marshall Mathers LP 2"


I myself did not watch the VMA’s, so I missed the commercials advertising Eminem’s newest album, “The Marshall Mathers LP 2,” set to be released on November 5, 2013. But needless to say, after Recovery (2010), it is hard to not be excited for this upcoming album. Hate ‘em or love ‘em (no pun intended), Eminem has had quite a successful rap career. It will be interesting to see if he can one-up his last effort.

Marshall seemed to have won back a lot of his fans after 2009's dud-of-an-album Relapse, where even Eminem himself would later go on to admit-

“Let's be honest, that last "Relapse" CD was ehhh, Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground, Relax, I ain't going back to that now…”
-Not Afraid
But songs like "Love the Way You Lie", "No Love (feat. Lil’ Wayne)", "Won’t Back Down" and "25 to Life" reminded me of classic Marshall. I speak for myself when I say I can listen to that Recovery album start-to-finish, no problem. And I don’t feel like I’m the only one who feels this way.

If you’re not aware, there are currently two tracks – "Survival" and "Bezerk" – which have already hit YouTube.



"Survival" – interestingly enough – is going to be featured in Call of Duty’s newest video game, GHOST. This was released on August 14th. Even though the chorus is a little corny at points, I really like this track. The verses are classic, angry Eminem.



"Bezerck" was released a little more than a week later on August 26th. This song uses Billy Squier’s "The Stroke” as its beat (the song in Billy Madison when Billy goes back to High School ). Its almost got a Beastie Boys vibe to it, if that’s possible. Just like "Survival", the verses are better – in my opinion – than the chorus.

Although not his best, these tracks are meant to serve as taste of whats to come for his fans, leaving them hungry for more.

Dinner's served November 5th.

-Chris Conforti (@c_conforti)

2 comments:

  1. Eminem new album MMLP2 is already leaked with quality 320kbps
    You can get it here: http://eminemmmlp2leaked.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete