Instagram, the popular photo-sharing app that sounds more like a delivery weed service, has embedded itself deep into the psyche of narcissists everywhere. It’s a cultural phenomenon that exists only to stroke our own egos and quantify our self-worth with each received double-click. But despite all the possible places, poses and filters in the world, we so often retreat to what we know. The #basics. The guaranteed ‘like.’
I don’t know if it’s the drop in temperature, or the drop of pumpkin in your spiced iced latte, but something about the fall makes Instagram users lose all sense of originality.
That’s not to say autumn is the only season where creativity heads into hibernation. Sunsets in the summer. Graduation gowns in the spring. NYE poppin’ bottles with mah bitches!! But for whatever reason the fall is undoubtedly the biggest culprit, and the inspiration behind our list.
So without further ado, we present to you, the 27 most basic types of pictures you are bound to see while scrolling down your smartphone.
1. Apple Picking
2. Spiced Pumpkin everything
3. Christmas tree at Roc Center
4. Starbucks cup with misspelled name
5. Hot dog legs at the beach
6. Sorority letters
7. Ray Ban reflections
8a. Workout gear
8b. Post workout selfie
9. Northface/Leggings/Uggs combo
11. #nomakeup (but really #yesmakeup)
12. Their dog
13. New haircut
14. Blurry concert pic accompanied by song lyric
16. Brunch (mimosas included, obv)
17. "Just because" flowers from the boyfriends
18. Jumping on the beach
20. Their clean car
21. Yoga pose
22. #tbt from early childhood
23. Screen shots of convos with their S.O.
24. Names written in the sand
25. Birthday collages
26. Boardy Barn stickers
27. Graduation cap group hugs