Joseph Randle, RB, Cowboys- Week 15 Stats: 2 car, 13 rush yds
Randle skyrockets to the top of the week 16 waiver wire pecking order thanks to hand injury to fantasy MVP candidate DeMarco Murray. Murray is the league’s leading rusher by more than 400 yards, and if he misses Sunday’s tilt with the Colts Randle immediately becomes an RB1. That offense line is too good to fail, regardless of who is lining up in the backfield (though I’d love to see Trent Richardson try). Keep an eye on DeMarco’s availability at the week progresses.
Toby Gerhart, RB, Jaguars- Week 15 Stats: 13 car, 54 rush yds, 2 rec, 9 rec yds
This play is strictly for the desperate for a variety of reasons. First, it’s a Jacksonville running back. But more importantly, it’s a dreaded Thursday night contest (vs. the lowly Titans). I have no problem swinging for the fences, but I literally could not think of anything worse than knowing you pissed away a starting slot during championship week by gambling on a Jags offensive player. If this game was on Sunday at 4:05 pm I could talk myself into it. But on a Thursday? Fat chance. I can’t deal with that type of regret on a work day.
Connor Barth, K, Broncos- Week 15 Stats: 5 FGs, 1 XP
Barth Vader sonned many opposing fantasy teams in week 15, kicking five field goals in the Broncos 22-10 week 15 win over Chargers. Manning’s numbers have been down in recent weeks, but that actually plays to Barth’s strengths. I also like the fact that Denver plays on Monday night this week. He’s the type of the player you can talk yourself into having a chance at winning even if you’re down 15 points after Sunday.
Carlos Hyde, RB, 49ers- Week 15 Stats: 6 car, 55 rush yds
Both Hyde (ankle) and Gore (concussion) are questionable for week 16. There’s no guarantee that either of them play, but if you’re in desperate need of an RB2 and Hyde gets the nod, run with it!
Dan’s week 16 Defensive rankings-
You know what they say, defense wins championships. So if any of these options are still floating around on the wire, now is the time to pounce.
1. Bills (@Raiders)- You saw what they did to Aaron Rodgers, just wait until you see what they do to David Carr.
2. Patriots (@Jets) - Revis Island’s return to the Meadowlands will not go unnoticed
3. Ravens (@Texans) - You’re either getting Tom Savage or Case Keenum. There is no right answer.
4. Green Bay (@Buccs) - With Detroit hot their tails, there is no way the Pack don’t bounce back in a big way in week 16.
5. Seattle (@Cardinals) – The reigning Super Bowl champs have finally hit their stripe. Another trip to Super Sunday may be in order.
Longshots that I like- Giants at St. Louis, Eagles at Washington, Panthers vs. Browns